16 May 2011

Baby Duran is a.......GIRL!!


April 18th started like an normal Monday. Well, as 'normal' as possible when you're 39 weeks and 40 days pregnant! DjD drove me to my doctor's appt at 3:15 where we got some *?!!* news ~ Julianna was breech!!

If you don't know; 39 weeks preggers + breech = c section!! (and birth plan out the window!)

What a whirlwind it's been since then - literally, it's been a month!!! A MONTH!!!
My grandmother used to say that 'the older you get, the faster time goes' and was she ever right!

As for us,
Julianna doing really well - she is pushing 10 lbs and slept for 5.5 hours last night, and is napping as I type this and drink my hot coffee. A new mom's idea of bliss.

As for me, recovery has been going better than I expected it to after the pain meds wore off in the hospital...I'm within 10 lbs of my pre-preggers weight and on a mission to get back into my normal jeans! Julianna and I have logged over 25 miles with Nike+ GPS and after I get clearance at 6 weeks I'm getting back on the bandwagon!

No comments: